Muslim Military Members
Information for Muslims in the US Armed Forces
Login
Welcome to Muslim Military Members
Saturday, May 26 2018 @ 06:07 AM EDT

Forum Index > Networking > CENTCOM
 Ramadan
 |  Printable Version
By: Jessica A Armstrong (offline) on Wednesday, August 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM EDT (Read 3067 times)  
Jessica A Armstrong

Anybody overseas this Ramadan Season? Alhamdullilah I am not deployed this time for Ramadan and will Insha'Allah be able to Fast all of the days. Anybosdy have some "secret" tips for suhoor in the morning that helps them throughout the day? Waleikum Salaam Jessica

Forum Junior
Junior

New Jersey

Profile Email Website  

By: Anonymous: Keith Williams () on Sunday, August 30 2009 @ 08:22 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Keith Williams

Hi Sister, Ramadhan Mubarak to you and your family. I am stationed at Fort Polk, LA. It is very humid here and I was a little worried that I would not be able to remain hydrated after P.T. because of all of the sweating from the humidity. Alhamdulilah, Allah has sustained me thus far. There was one morning that I sweated very much and i felt a little dehydrated during and after the run and the thought came to me to break the fast for this day and make it up later. I prayed and put my trust in Allah and he sustained me and re-energized me and i was more energized throughout the day until it was time to break the fast. My wife is fasting with me also and we get up at 0400 and fix suhoor which usually consist of: lots of water and liquids, boiled eggs, turkey bacon, and pancakes or oatmeal. The first day we ate: 1 gatorade (20oz) 2 bottles of water (20oz) 1 cup of milk 1 cup of orange juice 2 boiled eggs 3 slices of turkey bacon 3 pancakes But that was too much and we were too full so we kept reducing it down day by day until we are comfortable with: 3 bottles of water (20oz) 1 cup of milk 1 cup of orange juice 1 boiled egg 3 slices of turkey bacon 1-2 pancakes or oatmeal The oatmeal really holds me. Some mornings when we don't feel like cooking we will eat a bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit. We really don't get hungry throughout the day so a light breakfast is good for us. Dinner for us is a normal dinner. The humidity is of concern so we try to hydrate as much as we can at night before bed and during suhoor in the morning. A gatorade in the morning is good also. Plenty of water has helped us alot. wa aleikum assalam, Keith

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:07 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Welcome to the Muslim Military Members!

The MMM is an organization providing information, communication, and coordination for Muslims in the US Armed Forces.

To become a member, simply register as a new user. New members should register with their .mil account for automatic approval. If a non .mil mail account is used, you will be asked to further identify yourself before your membership is approved.

Click here to contact us

My Account

Lost your password?

Forumposts

Order: New Views Posts
Latest 5 Forum Posts

POC in Kuwait
 By:  Dawud Makonnen
 On:  Saturday, October 03 2009 @ 09:59 AM EDT
 Views 0 Replies 0
Re: As-Salaamu alayk..
 By:  Muslim Military Members Webmaster