Muslim Military Members
Information for Muslims in the US Armed Forces
Login
Welcome to Muslim Military Members
Wednesday, September 19 2018 @ 05:23 PM EDT

Forum Index > Networking > CENTCOM
 As-Salaamu alaykum wa Rahmatullaahi wa Barakaatu
 |  Printable Version
By: Dawud Makonnen (offline) on Wednesday, August 12 2009 @ 11:12 AM EDT (Read 6641 times)  
Dawud Makonnen

Greetings ALL, Barakallaahu feekum. May Allaah bless! I just became a member today and I am very excited to be apart of this wonderful beneficial resource for Muslims in the Armed Forces. I served in the US military (Army) for 12 yrs (active/reserve) combined and completed my last tour in Kaisernslautern, Germany as a 92A on ROB back in 2002. K-town was a wonderful place for me and filled with so many memories of those days as I converted to Islaam & enbarked on a personal journey of soul & self. Alhamdulillaah in those fantastic days we had a group of strong brothers there & we unified under the banner of at-Tawheed & Sunnah the way Muhammad (sallallaahu alayhi wasallaam) explained it and the way his companions practiced. MMM was another great resource at that time for me with the layleaders conference -- I still have my certificate. I also met my wife in Kaisernslautern and started my family with my first son born. Today, we are 4 kids deep. I have been married for 9 years & it gets better and better. I encourage all of you brothers & sisters to keep your faith while in the military & continue to strive in your faith (correctly) without force, arrogance & disrespect toward others beliefs by being patient with yourself and your current issue (whatever that may be). And I also encourage you all to seek knowledge of the True Islaam and at the same time correcting your self before correcting others. Ramadhaan is fastly approaching; this is a great time for all of us to start fresh and take advantage of this blessed month by gaining taqwah, blessings and rewards. So actively seek His Face in Ramadhaan in the nightly prayers. Barakaallaahu feekum Aboo Abyan

"Success through Personal Growth..."
Forum Newbie

Kuwait

Profile Email    

By: Robert Lamon (offline) on Saturday, August 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM EDT  
Robert Lamon

Wa laikum salaam, It has been a long time, since we first made aquaintance, here on Fort Campbell. I pray that you and the brothers, some whom I know are well and strong in faith. How are the accomodations for muslims in uniform, in regards for worship facilities there? I know that the off FOB facilities or masajids/masullasmay be off limits, but what about the on FOB masajids/masullas? Please advise. masalaama, Br.Lamon

Robert Lamon
USA, Retired
Director, Central Region

Forum Admin
Admin

Forrt Campbell,
Kentucky

Profile Email    

By: Dawud Makonnen (offline) on Monday, August 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM EDT  
Dawud Makonnen

Salaam alaykum, Br. Lamon, Pardon the delayed response to your email. What I know is there are many camps here in Kuwait with Arifjan being the main hub. Back in 2005-2006 when I worked on the camps I inquired with the chaplain for the location for Muslims to pray -- his facial expression told me everything I needed to know. I don't believe he expected anyone to ask the proverbial question. Its an old story unfortunately that Muslims are not getting their needs met and without surprise considering the current global events. There may be some changes since then & I could surely inquire for you. Dawud

Forum Newbie

Kuwait

Profile Email    

By: Robert Lamon (offline) on Tuesday, August 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM EDT  
Robert Lamon

As salaam alaikum, I had the samewhat and similar experience, muslims were for the most part solo,or lone ranger. I was fortunate to have met an american-egytian brother who was a contractor, when I was in Iraq, and pray Jumuah on the FOB. I here that is a strong christian evangelical proselyzation drive in both Iraq and kuwait. The few times I was in Kuwait, I was able to pray in the Masulla on the camp.Insha'Allah, maybe you could become our POC, in Kuwait. I know quite few brothers who are retired military, and now working in Kuwait. ( I remember what Ramadan was like for me, during my tour.) If you are interested, go to our website...AMAFandVAC.org. Jazakullah khair!, P.S...May Allah (swt) make this ramadan easy for you, and may He accept your's and mine. Imeen Br. Lamon

Robert Lamon
USA, Retired
Director, Central Region

Forum Admin
Admin

Forrt Campbell,
Kentucky

Profile Email    

By: Muslim Military Members Webmaster (offline) on Saturday, October 03 2009 @ 08:23 AM EDT  
Muslim Military Members Webmaster

As-Salaamu Alaikum

I was at Arifjan in 2007 during Ramadhan. I meet a Sister working in one of the housing facilities. Perhaps that was your wife? I was there for only a short time. If you are there permanently, we need to leverage your as a POC, inshaAllah.

Forum Admin
Admin

Profile Email Website  

By: Dawud Makonnen (offline) on Saturday, October 03 2009 @ 09:59 AM EDT  
Dawud Makonnen

Salaam alaykum wa rahmatullaah,

Not sure whom I am responding to but I wanted to correspond none-the-less to your feedback. Barakallaahu feek for the gesture to become a POC. Br. Lamon has already approached me on the issue. I am a bit hesitant because I'm not sure how relevant my position would be since I don't work on the camp, although I do have access.

More importantly, I don't know any of the troops, the military community nor the command so I have some doubts how beneficial it would be.

Anyhew, the Admin has forwarded an application & I did complete it but have not submitted for approval as of yet.

What are your thoughts???

Oh, FYI, My wife on Camp Arifjan working in 2007 (hmmm) lets see... Nope not with 4 small kids. Rolling Eyes

Forum Newbie

Kuwait

Profile Email    

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:23 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Welcome to the Muslim Military Members!

The MMM is an organization providing information, communication, and coordination for Muslims in the US Armed Forces.

To become a member, simply register as a new user. New members should register with their .mil account for automatic approval. If a non .mil mail account is used, you will be asked to further identify yourself before your membership is approved.

Click here to contact us

My Account

Lost your password?

Forumposts

Order: New Views Posts
Latest 5 Forum Posts

POC in Kuwait
 By:  Dawud Makonnen
 On:  Saturday, October 03 2009 @ 09:59 AM EDT
 Views 0 Replies 0
Re: As-Salaamu alayk..
 By:  Muslim Military Members Webmaster