Muslim Military Members
Information for Muslims in the US Armed Forces
Login
Welcome to Muslim Military Members
Tuesday, October 16 2018 @ 07:50 AM EDT

Forum Index > Special Issues > Muslim Women Serving in the US Armed Forces
 Islam in the Armed Forces
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Monsura () on Sunday, May 17 2009 @ 12:35 PM EDT (Read 3376 times)  
Anonymous: Monsura

My name is Monsura and I really need some advice. I need advice from Muslim sisters who are currently active or retired from the Armed Services. I am currently taking classes to become an officer in the Army (ROTC) but I am having a huge dilemma because first I can't wear hijab although I do wear a headscarf and secondly I may have to kill another Muslim as a officer even though I want to join the medical branch of the Army and become a doctor. Initially I thought going into the military that I would not have to kill unless I was in the infantry division of the Army. I did not know that I would have to still kill another human being, this scares me a lot because I want to save lives not take them. Killing another Muslim is a big SIN in Islam and I do not want to be held accountable for that SIN on the day of judgment. I was thinking that I could become a Muslim chaplain in the military but it is really hard to become a chaplain when you are a female because you can not lead prayers. I read a story online about Lieutenant Colonel Shareda Hosein, this lady wants to be a Muslim chaplain and the military would not allow her because she is a woman. She is struggling to be a chaplain, from what I read she seems like she would be a great candidate but it is just so hard. I feel very sad and disappointed please write in sisters and may Allah bless you abundantly.

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:50 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Welcome to the Muslim Military Members!

The MMM is an organization providing information, communication, and coordination for Muslims in the US Armed Forces.

To become a member, simply register as a new user. New members should register with their .mil account for automatic approval. If a non .mil mail account is used, you will be asked to further identify yourself before your membership is approved.

Click here to contact us

My Account

Lost your password?

Forumposts

Order: New Views Posts
Latest 5 Forum Posts

POC in Kuwait
 By:  Dawud Makonnen
 On:  Saturday, October 03 2009 @ 09:59 AM EDT
 Views 0 Replies 0
Re: As-Salaamu alayk..
 By:  Muslim Military Members Webmaster